Thursday 23 April 2015

Week Twelve: Presenting My Character



Even with the loss of my work, I managed to produce a presentation of my work using the work in process colour concepts of my second character. The presentation went really well, lots of positive reaction to the silhouette scribbles I did, and some really good criticism of my second character as well as the two chosen silhouettes.

EVAULATING MY FEEDBACK

      I received some really good comments about my chosen silhouettes. The smaller one looked like a ‘Kick-ass fairy’ and the other one looked like ‘lobster monster’ stated by one of my tutors. My concept purposely went against these silhouettes, as I thought it would have been obvious to go with what the silhouette had already prepared for me, but now when I think back to it, I literally had the perfect concepts in them and I decided to be clever, which I now see, really shouldn’t have done.
It was pointed out that my second character, In comparison to the silhouette, I lost the overall form. In trying to make it more anatomically correct in relation to a gorilla, the form which was its major drawing point was lost. I did mention that I struggle to understand how to stylise, as I feel you need a solid grasp on anatomy, the skeleton structure and the muscle structure, to create a functioning stylisation.
My first character had questions more relating to the modelling stage. In my concepts, she was a mesh skirt which is slightly transparent, which I was asked if that would be transparent on the model, which it is.

MOVING FORWARD

I only have a little bit to model before I can move onto texturing the Korean Goddess. I plan on texturing the goddess in the style of Overwatch, as the models are quite simply textured on the Albedo, yet most of the fabric detailing comes from the other maps applied to the model, such as Roughness maps and normal maps. As I’m not too good when it comes to texturing it makes sense to work simplistic at first to understand the basics.


Looking at Hanzo’s Trousers you can see where the specular map has been used to create this pattern along with a normal map. Overall it’s Diffuse/Albedo it quite simple, and most of the details are pulled from other maps. The same can be said below for Reaper, except the detailing is on his diffuse, and then the Specular map is used for the carbon fibre armour.

No comments:

Post a Comment