Friday 24 April 2015

Week Fifthteen: Too Much Ambition

       This week we had to present our early ideas to the tutors. We showed the area mock-up with concepts of props and areas in general. We were informed that we were being far too ambitious, having three areas which would have vastly different props. It was recommended that we should focus on one area and make it look beautiful. So we focused down to the black market area, creating buildings based on our original areas to reuse props. This changed happened at the end of the week on Thursday, but luckily most of the assets could be brought forward into this new vision. For this new area I used some of my assets to produce a hotel. 
      Before the change, I was helping to produce props for the bar area of our level, as well as the corridor area which I was set. I managed to get quite a lot of the models done for these two areas.

There’s been some issues with the team working in our group. Two out of four of us are only in all the time being from 10 till 5. Originally I was at fault for this too, but after I was asked by a group member to stay in, I did so but, still with only two of us in, it didn't really help, especially when it came to communication issues. It does get quite frustrating, when you’re not able to communicate with someone your working closely with. A lot of the time, I didn't want to move forward without input from other person because I wanted to know their ideas and implement them into the area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment