Thursday 23 April 2015

Week Eleven: Lesson's Need to be Learnt



It happened. Death came. His sharp scythe visited my pendrive. It’s all corrupted. All of it. Characters I never thought existed in any language littered my screen. I lost everything. 3ds Max files. Jpg. Photoshop files. So what started this whole situation off? Well I went into university on Tuesday and logged onto one of the new computers in the lab. Then it happened. My pendrive needed scanning, so I scanned it. For an hour and a half. When I got home to check what was going on, all my files were corrupted. I did get some freeware to recover some of my files, but the PSD files was the most important as it contained most of my concepting, and these were the ones I was unable to recover.
So what can I do? Panic? That’s not going to help. Cry? Again not useful. I ended up taking my pendrive to the tech shop in uni to get it fixed the next day.
This whole event has been a major setback in my project, but at least I have the 3ds max file, meaning I don’t have to start from scratch.
So what have I learnt from this experience?
BACKUP MY WORK. EVERYWHERE! I have numerous things open to me, such as one drive, mega, an external harddrive, numerous pendrives and cloud storages. And this experience has taught me a lot about how I really need to become more organised and backup files daily.
Memorial of Work:
Clothing designs for Samshin
Make up designs for Samshin
Colour Palette for Samshin
Finalised Concept for Dokkaedi
Finalised design for Samshin
Orthographic for Dokkaedi
Movement designs for Samshin
Movement designs for Dokkaedi
Orthographic Photoshop file for Samshin
Orthographic Photoshop file for Dokkaedi
Moodboard for both Samshin and Dokkaedi

No comments:

Post a Comment