Monday 23 February 2015

Week Twenty One: The Final Form of the Caterpillar

     I'm going to do another, what I like to call, Quick Fire blog. This is where I just write a few sentences about the drawings and just post the pictures up to speak for me.


     So Monday morning started off producing quick designs of the two final character. I quickly did drawings of their faces, the quick drawings of the bodies. I finished the render of the right caterpillar, and did a quick value pass of the left caterpillar. I really struggle with values and lighting so I feel that's what hindered me on the right caterpillar.


    Tuesday involved me finishing the painting of the values on the left caterpillar. The  face was changed up to make him look more grumpy and dominating.


    Wednesday involved me producing colours for the caterpillar. I was unsure about what colour he would be. Survival wise, it would make more sense for him to be a green colour, but most depictions of the caterpillar are blue in the Alice in Wonderland, yet I'm unable to find any reference to him being blue in the original manuscript or book. During this day, I also decided to design the shisha he smokes as well as the colours.


4 and 7 was the most liked shisha designs out of the 12.
I combined 4 and 7 to make more designs after a team member said they liked the top to 4 and the whole design of 7.
Add colours, 3, 4 and 5 were the most liked colours. 3 was the most liked silhouette.

     On Thursday I had a CV workshop aimed at being able to produce a CV which answers to game industry ads correctly and how to write an effective cover letter. Work relating to the Off the Map project involved me produced waistcoat patterns for the left hand side caterpillar. It was recommended to me by a team member that I was to change the legs of the left caterpillar as his legs were too beetle like instead of caterpillar like. I changed up the legs to reference from a caterpillar more.




These are the caterpillar legs and feet in case the pictures didn't give it away. (Also I have nothing informative to add as the picture the the left does that for me.

It was suggested to me to change the arm places to make the form for dynamic.


      Friday, the final working day, involved me producing Orthographic of caterpillar. So I could start modelling as soon as possible. As it was close to the end of the day when I finished the Orthographics, I decided to model the shisha. I only partly got it finished, but it shouldn't take too long to finish it off now.


No comments:

Post a Comment